Mar 24, 2009

Taking a break

What do sheep count when they can't get to sleep?





Image Source

Well I am taking a break from magic since for the past two weeks I have been to busy with my current job. However in a month, I'll be off with a new job and hopefully it won't be as stressful as this one.

I know it might not be wise to get out of a current job because times are hard but imagine if you could actaully do what you want then you wouldn't have to work a single day in your life right? In other words doing something you enjoy would make you look forward to go to work rather than drag yourself all the way to it.

This brings me to something related with magic. When I started magic I wanted to do almost everything there is with it. I wanted to do close-up, parlor and even stage illusions. Though it was really far fetched I never stopped conceiving ideas for possible acts in the future.

So I studied almost every branch of magic thinking that someday I'll be very good at it. However I just gave up on some of the things I'm practicing like Card Manipulations. I got tired trying to produce continuous cards out of thin air and actually not being happy with the results. Then I thought that if I don't so this anyway that won't make me less a magician right?

Well at least now whenever I learn something new I try to practice it first but when I see that it really wouldn't be of any help I just ditch it and search for better options same with what I have just done, since I'm not seeing my self improving with this I might as well find something better to do.

This brings me back to the question above (What do sheep count when they can't get to sleep?) Well maybe they'll count something else.


No comments:

Make Money Online

Affiliate Banner

Total Pageviews